The Mandate of the graduate school shall include to:
- Coordinate, regulate and administer all matters related to graduate training and research at the university;
- Initiate, nurture and advocate for research and innovation, and report on internal and external research activities including publications and funding opportunities;
- Provide a central channel of communication from and to graduate students and their supervisors;
- Develop, review and streamline policies, regulations, procedures and best practices of graduate training and research in Kyambogo University;
- Liaise with the communities, partners and institutions locally and internationally to support research and community outreach.
- Coordinate workshops and seminars to enable staff and students to acquire additional skills, relevant in this era of the knowledge economy.
- Coordinate and Manage Research and Publications at Kyambogo University;
- Develop and implement the graduate research agenda
All programmes run by Kyambogo University Graduate School shall be governed by the general Kyambogo University regulations. Special Faculty/School and programme regulations shall apply to individual Faculties/Schools and programmes.